The MA offers a unique combination of academic research-based modules and more practical, hands-on experience. They deliver sponsorship training and support to the arts to help build their capacity to develop relationships with, and bring in funding from, the private sector. Arts & Business Northern Ireland (A&B NI), formerly known as the Association of Business Sponsorship of the Arts , was set up in Northern Ireland in 1987 and celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2012. It was originally set up as part of Arts & Business Limited a UK wide creative network that advocates and facilitates creative partnerships between the private and cultural sectors. Aims at bringing arts and business scholars together in a dialogue about a number of key topics that today form different understandings in the two disciplines.
You’ll also take part in three core Liberal Arts modules and one Global Perspectives module that facilitates interpersonal, intercultural, cross-disciplinary learning, increasing self-awareness and a sense of global citizenship. Topics include employability, equality, entrepreneurship, diversity and sustainability. Assessment methods vary according to your major and your combination of elective modules, but could include essays, journals, reports, creative portfolios, group projects, presentations, research papers, online exercises and examinations.
This combination will help you understand the complexities of business and people management processes. The Business & Management Major provides a broad-based framework to prepare you for a career in the global business arena. The judges acknowledged the broad ranging and powerful contribution Alice has made to the Board. From contributing to an exemplar business plan; recruiting new trustees and senior def-con-one.com staff and chairing the new development committee, Alice’s commitment to Clean Break’s work is obvious. The judges felt this was a true partnership, with both organisations working together to deliver an exciting and iconic project. The scale and impact of the project generated real, tangible changes for both parties extending their brand reputation in the regional, national and international markets.
- More information on the cost of accommodation can be found in our accommodation pages.
- This will be an internationally focused venue at the centre of the contemporary art world, and adjacent to galleries, studios and museums, with excellent transport links.
- Upon enrolment an automated welcome email will be sent to you , in order for you to access your online course, which is Available 24/7 on any computer or smart mobile device.
- Figuring out how to price your work can feel like a mystery that might even stump Sherlock Holmes!
- Arts & Business NI knows that when business and the arts work together in truly mutual partnership, both become stronger.
- Explore creative production on screen, stage and in interactive media alongside industry professionals and world-class researchers.
You might not be conscious to its influence in business, but it is always there, irreversibly assimilated. Our new tailored service aims to equip arts organisations with the tools necessary to become robust, sustainable and confident operations. We have partnered with DivideBuy to offer interest-free credit (0% APR) on course purchases over £50. If you work in certain professions or for certain companies, your employer may require you to complete a number of CPD hours or points, per year.
These innovative management development programmes bring business skills and experience to the arts while developing managers from all levels of business. With this Certificate in Starting your own Arts and Crafts Business Online Course, you’ll learn how to start your own arts and crafts business from a professional artist. You’ll discover how to find your niche within your chosen craft and how to create your own unique business identity.